Congratulations on your purchase of the latest model of Alex C-G. Please enjoy this user manual
I’m Alex C-G - I’m the Developer Relations Lead at Jina AI. This is my personal README - it’s here to give you a quick overview of who I am and how best to get my attention.
Most of the projects in my GitHub account are written in Python, though I also muck around with Arduino and have the usual smattering of shell scripts, Markdown and whatnot.
I like to think of myself as not that hardcore and kinda approachable. But then I remember I live in vim full-time, taught an AI to write crappy Star Trek, and am building robotic butterflies for fun. Eh, so maybe I’m a little hardcore.
This README is an imperfect work in progress. I guess that’s true of myself too, just like (I would hope) most of humanity.
Warning: swears ahead.
- Big fan of IPA beer, Star Trek, Doctor Who, sci-fi in general
- Technically homeless in that I’ve been on the road for so long I don’t have a permanent abode (which is quite the pain in the ass during a pandemic)
- I speak/write not-completely-terrible Mandarin. Okay, so actually it’s a bit mamahuhu (damn, I need to get Chinese input working again)
- My English is likewise fscked - I’ve lived in so many places I speak a mish-mash of American/British/New Zealand English. With peppering of Yiddish and other languages for shits and giggles
- Once got stuck in the Gobi Desert for 6 months
- Once starred on a Chinese reality TV show where I danced ballet. Badly. In drag.
- Diversity and inclusion all the way. I wrote a list on diverse figures in tech history
- Pronouns: he/him. I like they too. I try to be gender neutral when I use pronouns myself, hence all the folks and peeps in my lingo
- Break free from your Macbooks. All you have to lose are your chains (seriously, give me a jackhammer and five minutes alone with your shiny machine)
- I’m a vim (okay, neovim) user. I want to integrate it into Google Docs but lack the time/smarts
- Markdown and plaintext are my preferred formats. Though I can hold my nose and deal with Google Docs too.
Gee, wonder why I saved this section for last?
- Sports are just glorified tidying up. People putting things into other things. If I want to watch that I’ll just watch my niece put blocks in holes
- Star Wars isn’t sci-fi. It’s fantasy
© 2018-2021, Alex Cureton-Griffiths | Pudhina Fresh
theme for Jekyll.